[lbo-talk] HPV vaccine

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Jun 6 20:26:25 PDT 2005

I noted this bit in Katha's column:

"Dept. of Corrections: In my last column, I wrote that condoms do not prevent transmission of the human papilloma virus. In fact, condoms do provide some protection against HPV, although not as much as against HIV. I also erred in writing that 70 percent of cervical cancer is caused by HPV; actually, according to Planned Parenthood, HPV is responsible for 93 percent of cervical cancer; the 70 percent figure refers to the percentage caused by the two strains of HPV targeted by the vaccine."

Does any one know if one can get the HPV vaccine anywhere else in the world? My daughter is fast approaching the right age for it.

Joanna