[lbo-talk] bending young saplings to the right

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:04:43 PDT 2005

Heh, Thomas ;-)

"It is evident that to read too many books is harmful." (Schram, pg. 204) "We shouldn't read too many books. We should read Marxist books, but not too many of them either. It will be enough to read a dozen or so. If we read too many, we can move towards our opposites, become bookworms, dogmatists, revisionists." (Schram, pg. 210)

From Leszek Kolakowski, " vol. 3, "Main Currents of Marxism, " pg. 513, quoting from, "Mao Tse Tung Unrehearsed, " ed. by Stuart Schram, 1974, Random House/Vintage Books.

Another more recent collection with all of Mao ZeDong's earthiness as well, "The Secret Speeches of Chairman Mao: From The Hundred Flowers to the Great Leap Forward, " ed. by R. MacFarquhar (author of a multi-volume standard history of the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution), Timothy Cheek, and Eugene Wu, Harvard Univ. Press, 1989.

http://awip.proboards23.com/index.cgi?board=articles&action=display&thread=1104275496

Read 1,552 times 5) The RCP has indoctrinated youth (at least as recently as the "Fear Nothing" tour) to repeat "The Party Chairman Says..." aphorisms called "TPCs". This cartoonish rip of "Burn" was bizarre and endemic. I personally witnessed and took part in discussion where people talked in these quotes to each other while prompted to say how "important and unique" Avakian's leadership was.

Comment by NYC "independent maoist, " BurningMan, http://burning.typepad.com/burningman/ Yo! Back That $!*# Up...

-- Michael Pugliese