[lbo-talk] query: real wage catch-up

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Tue Jun 7 19:58:55 PDT 2005

I remember Krugman talking about this some time back.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org]On Behalf Of Jim Devine Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 4:29 PM To: Pen-l; LBO Subject: [lbo-talk] query: real wage catch-up

do anyone know of a case where a well-known orthodox economist admitted the fact that real wages have stagnated relative to productivity (recently, in the US) but said that wages would eventually catch up? (I remember cases, but not the names or locations, of such quotes)

thanks ahead of time.

-- Jim Devine "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way and let people talk.) -- Karl, paraphrasing Dante