[lbo-talk] A History of Female Orgasm

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Jun 8 12:49:02 PDT 2005

Joanna : You're playing with words. Imagine that someone gave you a vasectomy, without anesthesia, at the age of 5. How likely would you be to get it up after that? Also, remember that in addition to the cutting, there is the sewing (shut) of the vagina and that intercourse is literally a tearing apart of that....you think you'd be in for a little vaginal orgasm at the end of all that?

^^^^^

CB: The sewing together aspect certainly makes your claim seem more likely. I didn't consider that aspect. Still, with all the study of this, there may be a report on whether the women still have orgasms. I'm not doubting the ritual is painful, it just that there is a possibility that the whole torture, somehow, doesn't destroy all capacity for orgasm.

At any rate, I'm not sure that this situation can be lined up on all fours with the situation long ago when these traits were established in the species so as to use the studies from today to conclude that orgasm did not originate out of selective advantage due to causing more sexual intercourse.

Don't men still have sex and orgasms after vasectemies ? I'd imagine very few would get them if these were a sideeffect