[lbo-talk] Rationality of the Masses

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 21:25:02 PDT 2005

On 6/8/05, martin <mschiller at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Jun 8, 2005, at 8:27 PM, Jeffrey Fisher wrote:
>
> > clearly not. well, then,
> > let's make sure we know what the difference is and stick with it.
> >
> > imo.
> >

> Sure. It's working fine. <not averse to sarcasm>

i think the issue is that a lot of people *don't* know the difference and/or don't maintain it. it seems from your post -- unless i misread it -- that that might include yourself. that's something we can actually talk about, isn't it? as opposed to whether or not someone is stupid to believe in god?

and if we do agree there's a difference, an important one (or two or whatever), then what's the issue here?

-- http://www.brainmortgage.com/

Among medieval and modern philosophers, anxious to establish the religious significance of God, an unfortunate habit has prevailed of paying to Him metaphysical compliments.

- Alfred North Whitehead