[lbo-talk] A History of Female Orgasm

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 09:14:19 PDT 2005

On 6/9/05, Jenny Brown wrote:
> Note, too, that most female genital cutting is done when the girls are
> prepubescent, whereas the 'barbaric western custom of male circumcision' is done
> normally before conscious memory kicks in. (This is more an indication of male
> supremacy to me than it is an indication of western enlightenment.)

According to Raymond Firth's WE THE TIKOPIA, the boys on the idyllic Pacific isle were subjected to an extremely painful operation called "superincision" (using crude tools, natch). -- Jim Devine "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way and let people talk.) -- Karl, paraphrasing Dante.