[lbo-talk] Re: Blowing Up an Assumption

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 17:48:51 PDT 2005

me: > >the US government -- which officially speaks and makes policy in my name -- doesn't control Tibet or Xinjiang.<<

Ulhas: > Does the principle of self-determination depend on whether the US govt controls x or y?<

No, but if I tell China what to do, it seems kind of irrelevant. And do I have the right to dictate to China any more than China has the right to dictate to x, y, or, for that matter, z?

-- Jim Devine "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way and let people talk.) -- Karl, paraphrasing Dante.