[lbo-talk] Rationality of the Masses

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 10 09:36:25 PDT 2005

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Bill Bartlett wrote:
>
>>In other words, Americans regard religion as a personal choice, rather
>>than the collective expression of beliefs and even culture of the society.
>
>Sure - and we're eclectic! A little Catholicism, a little wicca, a little
>Buddhism. Mix and match to create your own personal religion!
>
>Doug

I remember reading an article based on an interview with Jimmy Breslin, where JB -- fed up with all the sex scandals in the RC church -- was threatening to go off and found his own version of the Catholic church with himself as bishop. The interviewer pointed out that this would be a Protestant sect, a notion that JB, as I recall, dismissed.

Carl