[lbo-talk] Re: Appeal to Ignoranc

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Jun 12 08:47:34 PDT 2005

Chuck Grimes wrote:

> Joanna was entirely too abstract, brief, and acute to follow, unless
> you spend some time thinking about it. What she is talking about is
> the problem of conceptualizing the infinite through a rational
> methodology.

"Social life is essentially _practical_. All mysteries which mislead theory to mysticism find their rational solution in human practice and in the comprehension of this practice." K.M.

Why should we _want_ to "conceptualize the infinite"?

This turn to the discussion strengthens my conviction that "spirituality" is a perverted substitute for solidarity.

Carrol