[lbo-talk] Appeal to Ignorance

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Sun Jun 12 12:08:17 PDT 2005

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005, joanna wrote:

> Because the question of "God" is a lot more complicated and interesting than
> the fundies or rabid atheists make it out to be.
>
> Joanna

I have to side with ol' Whiskers on this one: religion is the opiate of the masses. Theological debate is nothing more than a symptom of and a distraction from the sensual-practical problems that plague workers in a capitalist society. --If all the energy people have devoted to "the question of God" were redirected to organizing workers and dealing with tangible social problems like poverty, the world would be an immensely better place.

Miles