[lbo-talk] Re: Appeal to Ignoranc

Autoplectic autoplectic at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 16:54:49 PDT 2005

On 6/12/05, Cseniornyc at aol.com <Cseniornyc at aol.com> wrote:

> It's not a matter of 'want' - how the hell do you turn it 'off'?
>
> Martin

We have no way of knowing whether infinity comes with a stop button :->

> Comment:But the "infinite" is of necessity nothing but a concept. As a
> graspable reality, as an experimental subject matter it is forbidden to
> humans. For all we know, maybe even to "God".
> Cristobal Senior

Well, if one holds that there is an actual infinite, then it's not so much that *it's* a graspable reality but that we participate in *it*. We *live and move and have our being* [St. Paul, iirc] in the infinite.

Doesn't grammar make the concept of the infinite read funny :->

"It is forbidden to forbid" [May '68, France]