[lbo-talk] Re: Ireland (was American Religion)

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 10:56:08 PDT 2005

Wendy Lyon
> I don't see why it's necessarily an imperialist thing. Ireland is
> certainly not an imperialist country but nationalism here has always
> been very strong.

in the Marxian theory of imperialism that follows Lenin, Bukharin, Luxemburg, _et al_, a country can be in dominant part of the social system of the world imperialism without having an imperialistic foreign policy itself. Is Ireland a counter-example? -- Jim Devine "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way and let people talk.) -- Karl, paraphrasing Dante.