[lbo-talk] MJ gets off!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jun 13 20:40:28 PDT 2005

Joe Barrera wrote:

>Chuck0 wrote:
>
>> I want to know what those 2200 journalists covering the MJ trial are
>> going to do now. Are there going to be mass layoffs?
>
>Maybe they could look into that Iraq thing?

Matt Taibbi, who's been covering the trial for Rolling Stone, was just on with Aaron Brown. Taibbi said the whole thing was a joke. Brown countered that it was about whether a boy was molested. Taibbi said that's not what it was about - it was about gawking at a celebrity. Kids get molested all the time and 2200 reporters don't show up. Brown asked if it made him feel dirty to cover it. He said yes, it drove him closer to suicide.

Doug