[lbo-talk] RE: An Appeal to Ignorance

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jun 13 21:19:04 PDT 2005

At 11:46 PM 6/13/2005, joanna wrote:

>snitsnat wrote:
>
>>IOW, i hardly think one should chalk up legitimate disagreements to
>>childhood trauma. yoshie not only doesn't seem hostile to religion, she
>>hardly seems to have been the victim of childhood religious traumas.
>
>How do you know?

It's insulting and completely out of bounds. I know I'm an atheist and I can safely say I suffered _no_ childhood religious traumas. And for you to suggest that I have is insulting. For you to suggest that _anyone_ here has suffered such traumas is insulting.

They disagree with you. I disagree with you. That's it.

The air of superiority you take in this conversations is extraordinarily annoying. It's as if because you say you're spiritual that you have a corner on the experiences you describe. Without a religiou or spiritual bone in my body, I have those same experiences and thoughts. Alas, I'm a sicko, twisted by capitalism atheists.

Must go back to beating my kid, having abortions right and left and engaging in twisted sexual practices -- coz that's the same explanation given for why people do those things too.

Kelley

"Finish your beer. There are sober kids in India."

-- rwmartin