[lbo-talk] road rage

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Tue Jun 14 06:47:58 PDT 2005

Kelley writes:
>i crap you negative, a woman pulled a gun on starshine today while driving
>on a different road. she got away, but sonshine got the license plate
>number. they picked her up at home. She had a concealed carry permit --
>but you still can't brandish a gun with a CCW.
>
>sonshine was talking to the cop who said, "same darn thing happened last
>week. some middle eastern guy."
>
>sonshine: "driving an audi? that was me!"
>moving to idunno!

What is up with this?! The local paper today (Gainesville, Florida) reports on some guy was arrested for brandishing a weapon in a road rage incident (charged with aggravated assault). The guy he threatened, in turn *went home to get his gun.* And was followed home by road rage #1. The cops noted pointedly that the new 'wild west' law doesn't cover cases where you aren't directly threatened. I'm staying on the poorer, quieter side of town where people can't afford that shit.

Jenny Brown