[lbo-talk] An Appeal to Ignorance

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 08:16:47 PDT 2005

On 6/14/05, Charles Brown <cbrown at michiganlegal.org> wrote:

> Carrol Cox
> Such slang as "fundies" belongs in the same part of the
> lexicon as "darky" and "towelhead."
>
> ^^^^^^^
> CB: Not. Lets not bend the stick the other way too far the other way in
> demonstrating how much we can turn the other cheek to the vicious practices
> of this rightwing juggernaut. The fanatics are not going to get out off the
> road to fascism because we say nice things about them.

no, they're not, but

(a) that's not an argument against carrol's point, and (b) it's not the fanatics we're trying to turn off the road to fascism, at least in the first instance. so let's let go of that little straw person, shall we?

-- http://www.brainmortgage.com/

Among medieval and modern philosophers, anxious to establish the religious significance of God, an unfortunate habit has prevailed of paying to Him metaphysical compliments.

- Alfred North Whitehead