overposted, sorry, last post: Re: [lbo-talk] Re: China [was: Blowing Up an Assumption]

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 09:07:35 PDT 2005

--- Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Most significant of all of these is the political
> character of the two
> most important states to have undergone the
> communist
> experiment: the
> neo-authoritarian dictatorship of Vladimir Putin in
> Russia,

This idiot just really ticked me off. He should be thrown in the Lubyanka and get worked over by Yezhov's zombie.

Yeltsin:

5% approval rating Destroys country Destroys economy Steals presidential election Fails miserably in unpopular war Shelled parliament Viewed by, oh, 80% of population as the worst leader in history

Putin:

65-75% approval rating Keeps country from falling apart Presides over economic rebound Wins presidential election without campaigning Generally successuful in popular war Viewed by, oh, 80% of population as the guy that saved the country

Who's the dictator?

I am beginning to suspect that the Brits will not recognize Russia as democratic until it loses as much of its geopolitical significance as they have and becomes a third-rate little island speck of a country.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!