[lbo-talk] An Appeal to Ignorance

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:23:11 PDT 2005

On 6/14/05, Charles Brown <cbrown at michiganlegal.org> wrote:

> Lets not misuse the term "strawperson" shall we ? Strawperson argument means
> arguing with a point that the speaker didn't make. I am arguing with the
> point Carrol made, so it's not a strawperson argument.
>
> ^^^^^^
>
> (b) it's not the fanatics we're trying to turn off the road to fascism, at
> least in the first instance. so let's let go of that little straw person,
> shall we?

i'm getting really tired of lectures on logic from people who can't see what they're doing.

even if you "win" (which i am not conceding), who have you persuaded?

if no one, then what's the fucking point?

-- Among medieval and modern philosophers, anxious to establish the religious significance of God, an unfortunate habit has prevailed of paying to Him metaphysical compliments.

- Alfred North Whitehead