[lbo-talk] Re: unintelligent design

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Tue Jun 14 13:44:23 PDT 2005

>"...one needn't necessarily believe in the supernatural in order
>to understand or accept that our lives are deeper and more complex than mere
>slabs of meat. What the ultimate answer is, I don't know. I'm still
>exploring this question. But I believe there are currents that many atheists
>either overlook or simply dismiss, and I think this is short sighted..."

thank you, dennis, for that, and especially joanna, for introducing the thread...which has pressed some personal buttons, very hard, and made me wonder why...

until i remembered that it is nearly impossible, even here, to make a general statement, or a statement addressing an idea-concept-issue , without getting some form of response that paraphrases the words " why did you - or how dare you - say that about me"...

is puzzlement...

oh, and re the dissing implied in the label " fundie":

the euro greens ( german?) at one time in the past were calling themselves fundies and realos, to describe their political factions, and i wonder if joanna picked up the term from that?

still, like all of those labels put on people, by other people, and meant to disparage or demean, it's a no-no...

fs