[lbo-talk] Abe Rosenthal in diapers!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jun 14 16:21:41 PDT 2005

[pic at original]

<http://www.gawker.com/news/media/village-voice/index.php#wednesdays-with-sydney-early-ill-see-your-foot-fetish-and-raise-you-a-diaper-kink-107860>

Wednesdays With Sydney (Early!): I'll See Your Foot Fetish and Raise You a Diaper Kink

That wunderkind new "Media Clips" columnist at the Voice, Syd Schanberg, this week looks at the Post/News pissing match. We think his point is that the two tabs should focus less on each other and more on aggressively covering the city (did we mention that prescriptive media criticism puts us to sleep?), but the best part is buried in an aside.

Some weeks ago, the Post reported that the News' new editor in chief, Michael Cooke, has a shoe fetish. Really? And how was that supposed to encumber his journalism? I was once told that a gifted and well-known newspaper editor liked to have sex wearing diapers. (I never followed up on it.)

Our money's on Abe Rosenthal. Got a better guess? Let us know: <mailto:tips at gawker.com>.

Paper Trained? No. [VV]