[lbo-talk] 'bogus' WTC Collapse story

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 14 21:37:02 PDT 2005

In fact:

What did the government do to investigate the unprecedented collapse of a steel frame building from fires? It gave FEMA the sole discretion to investigate the collapse, even though FEMA is not an investigative agency.

FEMA's BPAT, the only official organization that reported on Building 7's collapse, was completely indecisive. Their report stated:

'The specifics of the fires in WTC 7 and how they caused the building to collapse remain unknown at this time. Although the total diesel fuel on the premises contained massive potential energy, the best hypothesis has only a low probability of occurrence. Further research, investigation, and analyses are needed to resolve this issue.'

The report was published in May of 2002, just after the last building remains had been scrubbed from Ground Zero.

http://www.fema.gov/library/wtcstudy.shtm