[lbo-talk] 'bogus' WTC Collapse story

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jun 15 12:08:46 PDT 2005

Joseph Wanzala wrote:

>Doug,
>
>what you and others are now doing is argument by innuendo and
>indulging in one of your favorite pastimes - making fun of
>right-wing-libertarian types.

Nah, that's too easy. Besides I used to be one. I'd rather make fun of the people - as a friend put it the other day - who stick a finger in their ear and sing "Blowin' in the Wind."

>what you cannot avoid despite the heroic efforts I am witnessing
>here is that a person from the albeit highly differentiated
>rightwing milueu is raising serious questions about 9-11.

I said I doubted this guy's expertise to comment on the causes of a building's collapse because he's an economist. You said that didn't matter - what mattered was his status as a former top Bush admin official. It was subsequently proven that he was a midl-level functionary who writes for Lew Rockwell - i.e., pretty far outside the mainstream. Now it's just that he's a right-winger. Right-wingers believe all sorts of nutty things, from the gold standard to extravagant conspiracism.

Doug