[lbo-talk] A Personal Decision

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 16 10:43:38 PDT 2005

From: Doug wrote about the comments from Kevin Ryan:

"This is demented. I could see & smell the fires from six miles away. Joseph, you're a smart guy. How can you believe this torrent of crap?"

Do you really think Kevin Ryan's statement was 'demented'. The statement by Mr. Ryan, that the fires were 'isolated and manageable', which have been pounced on by sevral people as evidence of lunacy, I see as the dispassionate, analytical language of someone looking at the fires from the standpoint of a fire expert whose work involves analysing such events. It does not help, when analysing an event to use sensationalistic language. The idea is to create as clear a picture as possible of what is happening. I think everyone on this list is accustomed to euphemistic jargon being used by economists, etc. to describe events in a manner that laypeople would find obtuse.

Kevin Ryan cannot be dismissed as a 'right-wing nut' or even someone with no expertise, indeed, he is precisely the sort of person with the expertise and background to opine with authority on this matter.

In case you are not aware, Kevin Ryan (aka 'lunatic') is Site Manager at Environmental Health Laboratories (EHL) in South Bend, Indiana. This is a division of UL, the product-compliance and testing giant. Because UL certified the WTC steel for its ability to withstand fires, the steel's performance on September 11 is obviously of concern to the company. While Ryan's letter (see url) does not constitute an official statement from Underwriters Laboratories, it suggests incipient disagreements between UL and NIST about the true cause of the WTC collapses.

http://www.911truth.org/article.php?story=20041112144051451

_________________________________________________________________ Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/