[lbo-talk] the Mozart Effect

Tommy Kelly tkelly15450 at charter.net
Thu Jun 16 11:16:39 PDT 2005

Well, in the last ten years, the only way I can get myself to sit down and concentrate on something that doesn't particularly interest me (computer programming/tech writing) is to play Mozart chamber music. Nothing else seems to work. It calms me down and helps me focus.

I make no general claims for that. For other people, it's reggae or hip hop or rock. Joanna

That's nothing unusual. A lot of people with ADD - including myself - have to listen to some type of melody to concentrate on bland projects. Several years ago - when I a janitor on the night shift - I use to walk around listening to stuff like Lou Reed's "Metal Machine" and anything by Einsturzende Neubauten (and I don't know a lick of German)... yes I'm weird.

Tommy