[lbo-talk] Appeal to Ignorance

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Jun 17 00:50:40 PDT 2005

>[lbo-talk] Appeal to Ignorance
>Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
>Fri Jun 17 00:28:12 PDT 2005
<snip>

You are merely restating what I said in the sentence that follows the question above in <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20050613/012754.html>. Besides, my question concerns respect and disrespect, reverence and irreverence. Why should statements that are impossible to prove or disprove be held in higher regard than empirical statements, so much so that it is acceptable to be irreverent toward the latter but not toward the former? -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Monthly Review: <http://monthlyreview.org/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>