[lbo-talk] let's talk about logic ;argument etiquette

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Jun 17 06:27:00 PDT 2005

Jeffrey Fisher : chuck: nice. i got nasty. my mistake. and i'm sorry. but now you're down here with me, pal. drink?

^^^^^^ CB: Oh I was already down here. I'm the Devil hisself. I gave up drinking though. Helps my baseball game.

^^^^

let's just remember that the origin of the "appeal to ignorance" thread was precisely a lecture on logic. and the smiley doesn't help.

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20050530/011203.h tml

^^^^^^ CB: However, there was no strawman fallacy in my criticism of Carrol's putting "fundie" in the same category as "darkie" and "towelhead", arguing for using "fundie" to isolate fundies, etc., (grin)