[lbo-talk] Re: Appeal to Ignorance

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jun 17 13:41:10 PDT 2005

Dear List:

Jeffrey writes:

> but my point for a long time in this whole sequence
of threads has been that we need to find ways to positively address this need for meaning -- the thing that religion speaks to -- if we're going to bring people along.

I think it is also important to put forward the notion that a person's or a group's quest for meaning should not be allowed to interfere with or harm other people's or groups self-same quests.

Some people will choose religion, some science, some a combination of both, some neither. Whatever the vehicle, the analysis and critique should rest on the method adopted and its real world consequences.

Strategically, we must make our enemies justify the harm their quests for meaning cause us, and get over trying to prove their their quests are useless/wrong/whatever.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister