[lbo-talk] Men's Nipples Redux, and Pygmy Fathers

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Jun 18 12:38:46 PDT 2005

Grace Loehr wrote:

> "Worldwide study heralds global increase in father involvement and
> reveals why men have nipples"
>
> http://www.fathersdirect.com/index.php?id=14&cID=256
>
> "A father’s nipple is perfectly suited to soothing a crying baby until
> it can be fed, according to a major report published for Fathers’ Day
> (June 19) on fatherhood across five continents, which identifies the
> world’s best dads.

Also from the article:

"Caroline Flint, former President of the Royal College of Midwives, said: “I have come across cases of dads doing this. It’s not a case of the man saying to the baby, ‘Here you are, have my boobie,’ but usually of the baby snuffling along the father’s chest, finding the nipple and sucking. The men are usually very surprised, but the babies seem content. They love to snuggle up to their dads.”

Wayne Hemingway, designer and father of four, said: “I’m not sure I could be an Aka Pygmy dad. Placing nipper on the nipple could be a big challenge to the British male. Ray Mears should take a group of British dads and their babies out to the Congo for a couple of weeks to meet the Aka Pygmies and see what our dads can manage. But I am one dad who won’t be trying it out.” "

Well that's funny. One thing guys might find who try it out is that it's intensly pleasurable. In the U.S., they should not tell their friends it feels good, cause they might wind up accused of sexual something or other....like the mother who confessed to a friend that she had orgasms as a result of breastfeeding and got her baby taken away for a year....

Anyway, for some it might feel very, very good. And even if it doesn't, for the baby, it beats a pacifier.

Joanna