Have a pickle! was Re: [lbo-talk] Offlist

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jun 18 12:46:42 PDT 2005

have a pickle! i did!

that's an old joke from the Bad Subjects days. I won't name names, but someone accidentally sent a note to the list intended for her girlfriend and it contained an endearment, "pickle." Kinda embarassing.

So, whenever anyone did that at the old Bad Subjects list, someone would pipe up to say, "Have a pickle!"

I wish I could remember the story deX told us when he realized that we'd been taking him for a ride, going over the top flammage-wise, and he getting all defensive and snarly in return. Everyone knew that the people going over the top were just having fun.

When deX figured it out, he told us a story about sitting on the veranda at his granny's home in Australia. She'd sit in the rocking chair sucking pickled eggs and then place them in another both, for the already sucked pickled eggs. Only deX's story was something about how, as a kid, he wanted to see what this sucking eggs thing was all about. So he grabbed an egg -- only out of the wrong bowl.

ha. It's only sort of funny in this retelling. The way deX told it, I'm pretty sure anyone who read it laughed til they cried.

Kelley