[lbo-talk] Appeal to Ignorance

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jun 18 15:09:37 PDT 2005

i don't know what shane means, but can you know yourself without other humans knowing you? that is, does jeffrey know who jeffrey is in isolation? *wink* so, whether shane intended it or not, it was a good test of our capacity to really believe we're social beings. after all, we can't really escape anthropomorphisism here. when we talk about god, we talk about ourself. what else do we know?

of course, you could also counter that god doesn't operate as we do, but.....

still, i like it. i like it. durkheim would want to give shane a hummer for that one! i'd give shane one, too, but i don't think i'm his type! HA!