[lbo-talk] 39 secretaries

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 10:18:33 PDT 2005

one hates to blow a post to correct typos, but i am concerned about clarity in the graf:

=== of course we do all these things. but recognizing that prevent us from reflecting on what it means to be ethical? does it? on the contrary, it acknowledges that we are constantly refining what it means to be ethical. ===

it should read:

of course we do all these things. but recognizing that doesn't prevent us from reflecting on what it means to be ethical. does it? on the contrary, it acknowledges that we are constantly refining what it means to be ethical.

hope that helps a little. the correction doesn't make the argument right, of course. just comprehensible. :)

-- Among medieval and modern philosophers, anxious to establish the religious significance of God, an unfortunate habit has prevailed of paying to Him metaphysical compliments.

- Alfred North Whitehead