[lbo-talk] UFW to boycott Gallo

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 07:33:08 PDT 2005

On Sunday, June 19, 2005 11:30 AM [PDT], Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> wrote:

>> "There's so many brands, and you don't really know who's
>> behind the brands," said Cyril Penn, editor of Wine Business Monthly.

> Unless you, um, look at the label.

Ummm, The only problem with that method is many of the wines are blended with bulk wine from co-ops. When I worked for Bonny Doon, a small tanker truck would show up once or twice during the bottling cycle and leave it's load of Sonoma (period.) wine for blending.

The source of that wine is most likely unknowable (unless you supoenaed the co-op's winemaster's records), and probably considered a "trade secret".

It's simpler to just stop drinking California wine if a boycott with maximum effect is intended.

You also might want to consider that there are tractor trailer tanker trucks transversing the country, indeed, the world, containing blended wines with a Sonoma, Napa, Monterey, SLO county component...

It's *all* contaminated with nasty Gallo cooties.

Therefore, the most effective action of all:

Stop drinking wine.

[heh]

C'mon.... Sacrifice! For the revolution! Solidarity!

[heh]

For the workers rising in pain and anger from their stoop labor in the fields!

[heh]

Take direct action:

Smoke more Cali weed!

Support your friendly NorCal/CoastalCal MaryJane family Co-Op.

Burning Leaf as an alternative to Turning Leaf!

Leigh http://www.leighm.net

Straight Guy: Why do they call it 420?

Doper: Because the police have 419 better things to do with their time.

==

-- Zero Surprises: No virus found in this outgoing message // lcm Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.7.8/22 - Release Date: 6/17/2005