[lbo-talk] Surpassing the Gulag in Scale

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 10:34:18 PDT 2005

At the risk of sound like Mike P., "dignity of labor" was not exactly what was offered the zeks in the Gulag. Skim Conquest's book on Kolyma or Solzhentisyn's Gulag Archipelago; if those accounts are too tainted for a leftist audience, try Antonov-Ovsykenko's In the Time of Stalin of Ginzburgs Into the Whirlwind. jks