[lbo-talk] Straw in the wind: Republican base dividing on Iraq

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Jun 21 07:41:09 PDT 2005

Chip Berlet wrote:

> Hi Chucky!
>
> If you read some of the articles I wrote in the early 1980s about the strategic organizing of the political right, you would notice that what I warned about--along with Sara Diamond, Jean Hardisty, Fred Clarkson, Russ Bellant, and many others--has actually happened.
>
> So go right ahead and flick the whip on yourself for thinking that a crude and juvenile personal attack is a substitute for political research and analysis that has a documented track record for predicting actual outcomes.

If the Democrats had won last year, the much hyed "rise of the right" would not even be a subject of discussion on this list. There would be no talk about the religious right and we'd be talking about other shit.

I'm capable of doing my own research and analysis, thank you, and reject arguments from a self-appointed expert and gatekeeper whose words only serve to keep my comrades fearful and inactive.

Don't believe the hype about the right.

Chuck