[lbo-talk] Re:anti-capitalist films?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 07:53:14 PDT 2005

Chuck0 wrote:

"Jesus Christ, one of those political correct killjoys that everybody moves away from at parties.

American Beauty, the Matrix, and Fight Club are all great anti-capitalist movies. Most anarchists and anti-capitalists will agree with me as they pull their DVDs of those flics off of their shelves (or the floor)."

---

"Most anti-capitalists" agree American Beauty [!] is anti-capitalist? Bullshit. For someone who constantly pretends that "every anarchist agrees with me," you're kind of wrong on this one.

I guess you only go to parties where everyone already agrees with you. I don't. A party where everyone had to agree with Chuck0's mainstream Hollywood tastes -- or else they were a "killjoy" -- sounds like a pretty lame party indeed. Knock yourself out.

-B.