[lbo-talk] [offlist] Pods: Surpassing the Gulag inScalability

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 11:36:41 PDT 2005

On Tuesday, June 21, 2005 9:57 AM [PDT], andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Note: forwarded message attached.

I think the 25 million # is surpassed on all counts just by atrocities commited against the natives and blacks of America. Forced labor, "camps", random murder, focused killing, and all else that "gulag" implies, the whole enchilada... It's just not happening in Siberia, and GWB isn't Josef Stalin... So?

The problem? I think as long as we insist on playing down the nature of what's happening at GITMO and other, non-US territory facilities by not making that strongly worded comparison, the longer they will continue to operate as "business as usual".

If we REALLY want to shut it down we have to *insist* that GITMO *absolutely* equals GULAG, and make the bastards deny it.

Why should a hack like Chuck Hagel be able to do that... and not you and I?

Leigh http://www.leighm.net

-- Zero Surprises: No virus found in this outgoing message // lcm Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.7.9/23 - Release Date: 6/20/2005