[lbo-talk] Pods: Surpassing the Gulag in Scalability

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 17:13:42 PDT 2005

On Tuesday, June 21, 2005 4:38 PM [PDT], Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> buried a snipe at the bottom of a post:

> And, I thought Leighs post was the type that feeds into neo-con
> tropes/stereotypes about New Leftist "moral equivalence."

"moral equivalence"? You mean this recipe for socio-political paralysis?

<...> Moral equivalence is a term used in political debate, usually to negatively characterize the humanist claim that 'there can (be) no moral or ethical hierarchy decided between two sides in a conflict, nor in the actions or tactics of the two sides.' The term has some limited currency in polemic debates about the Cold War, and more currently, the Israel-Palestine conflict. "Moral equivalence" arose as a polemic term-of-retort to "moral relativism," which had been gaining use as an indictment against... [wikipedia] <...>

I prefer the description: "positive moral correlation"

Leigh http://www.leighm.net

Overposted Again!

-- Zero Surprises: No virus found in this outgoing message // lcm Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.7.9/23 - Release Date: 6/20/2005