[lbo-talk] Environmental Abuse and Deception

Mycos mycos at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 21 19:51:01 PDT 2005

Featured News Stories

EPA Reviewing 24 Tests of Human Pesticide http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ content/article/2005/06/16/AR2005061600112.html

WASHINGTON -- Data from two dozen industry tests that intentionally exposed people to poisons, including one involving a World War I-era chemical warfare agent, are being used by the Environmental Protection Agency in approving and denying specific pesticides...

more...

June 16 , 2005

Link found between food packaging and miscarriages http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1504163,00.html

Scientists in Japan have found evidence of a link between recurrent miscarriages and a chemical widely used in food packaging...

more...

June 11 , 2005

What’s up with the frogs? http://www.republic-news.org/archive/115-repub/115_nenonen.htm

Around the world, frogs and other amphibians are disappearing. This can be partially explained by human development, loss of habitat, and the arrival of invasive species into the amphibians’ ecosystems. It's also likely that their delicate bodies are being excessively bathed in the flood of ultraviolet radiation that's pouring through our crumbling ozone layer. Even if we combine these causes, however, we still can't account for the magnitude of the decline. There's something else going on, something we better pay closer attention to...

more...

June 9 , 2005

EPA Sued Over Pesticides' Effects on Kids http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/EMIHC251/ 333/8895/423336.html?d=dmtICNNews

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- The government has failed to protect the children of farmworkers from the harmful effects of pesticides, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday by farmworkers, environmentalists and public health advocates...

more...

June 8 , 2005

http://e.hormone.tulane.edu/newsAndViews.html#nstories --

Gary Williams