[lbo-talk] RSS feeds, etc.

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 10:12:01 PDT 2005

martin wrote:

I'd like to see the list 'reply to' behavior default to 'reply to sender' rather than 'reply to list'. It might cut down some of the patter that seems to result from some of the threads - the 'cues to Pugliese or the 'cue to comrade Cox' type thing. That kind of a change might require some list discussion, but it's worked well on some other lists to reduce the noise.

A while ago I stopped using the emailed digests as my list monitoring tool and began keeping tabs on discussion flow via the web available archives:

<http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/ >

Using the archive (which is updated in almost real time) as a signal/noise filtration widget has proved very effective because each and every thread is clearly visible making selection simple.

Of course, I still receive list mail but that's auto-sorted into a folder and deleted on schedule to avoid unsightly build-up.

.d.

---------

http://monroelab.net/ <<<<<>>>>> giving up our tears to a neon