[lbo-talk] Surpassing the Gulag in Scale

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 14:34:30 PDT 2005

--- Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I remember at the time of this speech, it was
> universally condemned
> by left-libs, esp. Solzhenitsyn's comments favorable
> to the USG's side
> in the Vietnam War and his hostility to our crass,
> vulgar mass
> culture.

Dude, how many hours of each day do you spend trying to indict people for Wrongthink? You would have made an awesome NKVD man.

> In his own essentially pro-Solzhenitsyn essay editor
> Ronald Berman
> convincingly argues that Solzhenitsyn belongs to a
> long line of
> traditional Western thinkers beginning with
> St-Augustine and including
> "many of the convictions of The Federalist Papers,"
> Edmund Burke, Dr.
> Samuel Johnson,

Solzhenitsyn is a Russian nationalist and a Slavophile (in addition to being a great man although I disagree with him 75% of the time). I doubt he thinks of himself as a "Western thinker."

Nu, zayats, pogodi!