[lbo-talk] Justices, 5-4, Back Seizure of Property for Development

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 17:44:42 PDT 2005

The irony would be when the Supes vote that the Environmental Protection Act and the like represent illegal takings by the Federal government and are thus null and void. (I don't know how likely this is.)

BTW, in a democratic economy, eminent domain wouldn't be that bad.

On 6/23/05, Todd Archer <todda39 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> By DAVID STOUT
>
> Published: June 23, 2005
>
> WASHINGTON, June 23 - The Supreme Court ruled today, in a deeply emotional
> case weighing the rights of property owners and the good of the community,
> that local governments can sometimes seize homes and businesses and turn
> them over to private developers.

-- Jim Devine "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way and let people talk.) -- Karl, paraphrasing Dante.