[lbo-talk] Regarding the anarchist protest march in Palo Alto

Celi Ben cpthron at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 24 09:09:52 PDT 2005

Put up some pictures if you go! I relocated to Santa Cruz, and I have a morbid interest, but the escalation in the news makes it sound scary - that same group were among those arrested at the last ANSWER march, where it seems like the black bloccers had regressed in their approach, while the police had progressed. They are well-read and have a lot of energy, but a few statements on indybay.org showed that a few were high schoolers who had missed out on the smartly organized 2003 San Francisco protests because they were 13. The hear the local schools are into high pressure AP classes so a lot of students could be pretty advanced in their political reading. So, if they have a nice peaceful demonstration, it will amount to a brilliant advertising campaign bringing in onlookers and local residents (see: http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/11974202.htm and http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/06/24/BAGV9DEE0V1.DTL (here also note the sentence about how in addition to 800 anarchists in Palo Alto, the police are worried that some of them may even be Animal Rights! protesters, which meshes with the announcement two days ago that despite billions in credit card and identity fraud, plus the war on terror, animal rights and environmental protesters are their #1 priority)).

_________________________________________________________________ On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how to get there! http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=Retirement