[lbo-talk] When is private property NOT?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Jun 24 17:55:35 PDT 2005

Jim Devine wrote:

> Chuck, are you a Lockean, a believer in absolute private property
> rights, totally rejecting state restrictions? (I don't see how
> property rights could exist with state coercion.)

Jesus fucking christ, I'm an anarchist who clearly stated that I don't give a shit about property rights.

If you are going to see this situation as simply a case of some liberal versus conservative position, then the right wing is going to hand you your head on a plate. It *is* possible to have a position that is against eminent domain and unchecked state power, while at the same time being against the entire idea of private property rights.

Chuck