[lbo-talk] When is private property NOT?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Jun 25 20:23:32 PDT 2005

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net wrote:

> Anarchism today is what Bookchin wrote warning against. It is lifestyle anarchism much more than a
> political position when its own adherents fail to see anarchisms place on the left-right political spectrum.

Murray Bookchin is not a very credible critic of anarchism. The man is obsessed with his own intellectual legacy, kind of like an ex-anarchist apostate version of David Horowitz. What Bookchin wrote about the so-called "lifestyle anarchism" was a rather embarassing attack on all of his critics, in which he lumped his former comrades in with everybody else he hated. Bookchin really wasn't an anarchist after the early 80s. A real shame, because he made some real contributions that I still appreciate.

Chuck