[lbo-talk] happy Stonewall

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 20:23:21 PDT 2005

There's something that I'm somewhat confused about though.

The Stonewall had been there forever, just like the $ sign (dykes) down on Houston. The police had never messed with them before, at least that I'd heard of. I always suspected that it was more due to antiwar political organizing activity @ The Stonewall and not specifically due to gay/"morals" issues.

The Firehouse was home to the more radical antiwar gay community, and I always figured that the middle class, less "wild in the streets" types were doing their coordinating out of Stonewall...

Anyone shed any light on that thought?

Leigh http://www.leighm.net

-- Zero Surprises: No virus found in this outgoing message // lcm Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.8.2/29 - Release Date: 6/27/2005