[lbo-talk] careers in economics and stuph

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jun 28 11:30:22 PDT 2005

ha! we just did a small job and are negotiating a maint. contract with a guy who's an economist turned private investigator. i don't know why that tickles my funny bone, but it does.

also, sonshine wants to apply to costco. anyone ever hear about things you have to do to outsmart their computer automated resume bit bucket sorter? i told him what i always tell him: writer a cover letter and send a resume too, and try to find out name of hiring manager to whom to address it. that's how i always got jobs at his age.

he's bored to tears working for a law firm, which has completely set him against working in an office environment. with utterly no training, the kid can draw three-dimensionally quite naturally, which is something I did as well by the first grade. so, my hope was that he'd go into something like architecture. not a chance! he can't stand the idea of working at a desk in an office.

which is another reason he's hot on the 'be a cop' idea. his gf's uncle talked him out of that one though. his gf wants to go into criminal forensics. this, a girl who won't eat meat because it's "icky".

kelley

"Finish your beer. There are sober kids in India."

-- rwmartin