[lbo-talk] Jillette, cosmpolitan

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jun 29 08:03:37 PDT 2005

New York Post [Page Six] - June 29, 2005

HATES THE WORLD

MAGICIAN Penn Jillette has traveled all over the world with his partner, Teller, and he hates every trip. "Every place outside of the U.S.A. is an absolute hellhole," Jillette rants to Mean magazine. "As much as we can complain about the U.S.'s lack of freedom, I just can't stand when they force women to dress like Batman, when they leave little girls out to die. I mean, at least we address the issues of equality and freedom, which are not even addressed in a place like Egypt or China or India . . . Other countries are pieces of s - - -, so they have a holier-than-thou attitude. I think the most insulting thing you can say about anybody is that they're more popular in another country."