[lbo-talk] The Afghan War as a "Loss Leader"

Mycos mycos at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 30 00:22:50 PDT 2005

Chris Doss wrote:
> --- Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote:
> The finest training ground for all warriors --
> soldiers, guerrillas, and terrorists -- is war itself.
> The real thing beats a simulacrum of it. Terrorists
> now get better training in Afghanistan than under the
> Taliban, as US and other troops provide live targets
> for practice.
>
> --
>
> Give me one instance of a terrorist attack being
> planned in Afghanistan in the last four years. Any
> mass suicide bombing campaign going on there?
>
> Really, this Americocentrism gets infuriating. Who
> cares what Afghanistan's neighbors think!
>
> Nu, zayats, pogodi!

I'm at a loss as to why you would think that speaking of an American-led war against groups who oppose US foreign policy, something both sides themselves readily admit to, is an example of ethnocentrism. I mean, they are at the center of it, so...???

Gary --- Canadian btw --

Gary Williams

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign." - John Stuart Mill

http://mycos.blogspot.com/

Todays Iraq Body Count

Min Max

22582 25590