[lbo-talk] When is private property NOT?

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Jun 30 09:11:10 PDT 2005

Nathan Newman wrote:

> Which is your political opinion, and you have the right to it.
>
> But you shouldn't be able to use the courts to impose your political
> views on the rest of us.
>
> Some of us think jobs for those who need them are very much in the
> public interest.

Yup. Yup. Arbeit macht frei.

Yeah, I know, you're not supposed to invoke the Nazis. But I'm so tired of being told that what the poor need is jobs. They mostly do have jobs, two jobs, three jobs.....and they're still poor. What would be even more in the public interest is an equitable division of goods and control over how money gets spent and on what.

Joanna