[lbo-talk] Not Enough Support to Commit Troops

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Jun 30 16:10:33 PDT 2005

>[lbo-talk] No-nothing apologists
>Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
>Thu Jun 30 15:31:29 PDT 2005
<snip>
>Hmmm. Why were there almost no objections to the Afghan
>"imperlialist" War among Iranians, Indians, Chinese, Uzbeks,
>Russians, Tajiks, Kyrgyz, and Kazakhs. Maybe because they actually
>know something about what Talibs are. My contempt for ignorant
>apologists for these fascoids is becoming extreme. Maybe Yoshie
>should take the Wayback Machine to Chechnya in 1995, where she would
>have been gang-raped and thrown out of her home to walk back to
>"safe" country.

I object to your misogynist reply.

I prefer to remain safe, and so do you and most Russians, Iranians, Indians, Chinese, Uzbeks, Tajiks, Kyrgyz, and Kazakhs. There isn't enough support for the Afghan War among any of them to commit as many of their troops as US troops there. Your rhetoric notwithstanding, neither Chechnya nor Afghanistan is worth risking your life for it. That's a fact. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Monthly Review: <http://monthlyreview.org/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>